Last week (Dec14th, 2018) Microsoft has announced Self-service deployment for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations – For new customers only. Here are the few changes/highlights:
- No longer have Remote desktop access to the Tier 2+ Sandbox environments
- No access to SQL server
- If you want to access SQL server, Administrator’s must have logged a support case with MS for SQL login credentials and these credentials are valid for 8 hours.
- We must have to log a support case with Microsoft to restart services and enable/disable maintenance mode.
- Note: This functionality will be self-service through Lifecycle Services (LCS) in early 2019.
- System engineers/admin tasks should be performed through LCS:
- Refresh the database
- Export and Import database
- Environment monitoring
Please click on below link to know more details on Self-service deployment: