There are two types of backups available in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- System Backups
- Manual/On demand backups
Please see differences between System Backups and On demand backup below.
- All your instances are backed up automatically.
- System backups occur daily.
- System backups are retained up to three days. You can Check backup expiration date as EXPIRE ON.
- System backups do not count against your storage limits.
- System backups are identified as created by System on the Manage backups page.
Manual/On demand Backups:
- Manual backups occupy your storage.
- Manual backups are retained up to three days. You can Check backup expiration date as EXPIRE ON.
- On demand backups are identified as created by someone other than System on the Manage backups page. It mean your administrator name, who created the backup.
- You can only take back up of your Production and Sandbox instances. There is no backup option for trail Instances.
- You have an option to delete your managed backup.
Source : Microsoft Docs