In part1, I have given a list of questions required for Microsoft Dynamics AX hardware sizing. In this post, I am explaining how to use LCS Infrastructure estimation tool for hardware sizing. This tool is available in LCS Portal.
How to use LCS Infrastructure estimator tool:
- Login to LCS portal.
- Create a new project or open an existing project
- Once you enter the project, navigate to more tool section
- Look for Infrastructure estimator tool and open
- Inside the tool, click on New estimate button and choose an environment type (Development, Production, test or Training) based on your requirement
- Once you click on environment, you must fill the form with required details and click on create
- On successful creation, the tool will give the information like, servers count, CPU and RAM required details for your environment
Note: If you want to do hardware sizing for the production environment, you need to follow some additional steps (start with step8).
- After step3, look for Usage profiler tool and open it
- Download excel template from the tool and fill with required details. Most of the questions covered in Part1
- Save the file locally and Upload completed template into the tool by using ‘Upload completed template’ option
- Wait a while for the process to finish. If you missed any details, click on Deployment details, fill it again and save
- Once deployment details saved successfully, you will see the green mark in Deployment details
- Click on Mark as complete option and continue with Step4 to Step7
If you have any questions/suggestions, please do comments below or write to me.
“Yours, Ravi Theja Madisetty”