Resolution: If you want to access development environment user must have proper rights on SQL server.
Please refer TechNet Blog for more information. Follow below steps to assign rights for a user id to access Navision Development Environment:
- Open SQL management studio with SQL administrator ID.
- Expand the Security node, right-click Logins, and choose New Login.
- In the Login – New dialog box, select Search.
- In the Select User or Group dialog box, select a valid Active Directory user.
- In the Login – New dialog box, under Select a Page, choose Server Roles. Select the sysadmin check box .
Note : If you are not providing sysadmin role for the user id you will get another issue while accessing Navision development environment. Click on link for more information :Blog
- under Select a Page, choose User Mapping , click on database and below, select check box on the db_owner and Public roles and click OK.
**Note: In the comments section, few visitors have suggested that db_datareader and db_datawriter permission are enough to resolve the issue. Not required db_owner permissions. Please let me know if have any other solutions.